Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Life... and the inevitable addition of friendly photographs...

I would say that my friends are like the fence posts of my life: they hold the number 8 wires in place so the hordes of rampaging psychotic sheep are unable to escape and cause wanton destruction upon the benign unsuspecting population. Quite disappointing really, but I'm sure my mental well being is spared from otherwise tragic roadkill similes. A few weeks ago my friends and I decided to conduct a road trip to Wellington, a short drive from the boring rest home confines of Palmerston North.

Here is Shay Lan doing his best to impress the girls. Needless to say they were all wooed by his stunning charisma.




Here are Kevin and Jennifer perusing through photos of themselves:

This? This just looks a bit gay really:


I have no idea who the guy on the right is. He just came out of no where and Shay Lan put his arms around him. Maybe he desperately wanted to share his ice cream with someone.

One thing they really should have more of in Wellington are food courts. One per two blocks may just be enough. I very much support the grand strategy of the local city council; starving their residents so they will look attractive is a fabulous idea and I have no doubt at all that it is working well. But when Shay Lan and I were trying to find some scrap of food at 3pm in the afternoon, the difficulty of the hunt was complicated by a) the lack of food courts available, and b) hypoglycaemia induced by the lack of food courts, as we haven't really had anything since the booze up the night before. We really should have carried some of that 50% Southern Comfort as a form of nutritional back up.

No comments: